Monday 8 March 2010

Hot flushes in M & S.

After a day out in the cold I slipped into the hallowed interior of Marks & Sparks. God! It was hot in there! I felt faint and flushed as I stood looking at the red wine display wondering if I could afford a bottle.

Is it really necessary to heat shops like this? How much energy does a department store gobble up in the course of a year? I had no problem in coping with the near zero temperatures because I was well dressed: two T shirts [one being my long sleeved Dr. Feelgood 'Milk & Alcohol' T shirt], thick shirt, waistcoat, tweed jacket, quilted trousers, thick boots, hat [essential! I love my hats]. So why can't those who work in shops turn the heating down at least a tad and compensate for this by wearing a thermal vest? I can hear the grumpy old man in me [he gets grumpier and louder every year] complaining: When I was a kid we didn't have any central heating...

Market trading is green trading. It doesn't use up the inordinate amounts of energy a shop does. A good reason for shopping on the market is it not?

Put your thermal vest on and come and visit us!

And keep it on to do your bit for energy conservation!

No comments: