Wednesday 24 November 2010

Midsummer 2010

 

Today, at Waitrose, I thought that I'd passed on.

The broad aisles gleamed, the punters in a daze

drifted, eyes glazed, about their retail maze.

The chillers chanted mantras OM & OM & OM

 

At dusk I sip my 'Best Shiraz', eat cheese

and fruit,  savour my new Amazon books…

Oh? Gaia's heading for disaster…bees

bumble in the catmint. On Cat's Hill rooks

murmur like bored football fans…

                                                     …a sudden gust

shakes trees, a dog yelps, sheep bleat, somewhere

a child shrieks. The rooks caw like a goal's been missed.

The World Cup's on: I hear somebody swear.

 

I drowse, then wake. Moths flitter, the moon's bright:

I raise my glass and toast the Earth, Good Night.



I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter.
SPAMfighter has removed 4858 of my spam emails to date.

Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!

No comments: